Dynasty of Ghosts - P.L. Nunn
I'm done! I'm done! I didn't think I'd ever get to the end.

Despite how it may seem, I actually really enjoyed this book. P.L. Nunn is the author of one of my top favorites ([b:Bloodraven|6617506|Bloodraven|P.L. Nunn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1314887548s/6617506.jpg|6811618]) and this had many characteristics of that one, if almost mild in comparison.

I liked the how big hero dominated over the little hero (it's a m-m story) but that the little guy was resistant and gave the big one what for. I liked the basic plot and associated conflict (Fey little hero, jealous exes, murder attempts, etc.).

But what I could've done without was how freaking long everything took. The slow burn was forever. Although I liked that the little hero was resistant, he was too damn resistant for too damn long! On the positive side, I was so eff'ing glad to get to the end that I didn't mind that half the story was left unresolved. Though I'm trusting that they got their HEA even if it left off at a HFN.

If you aren't squicked out with same sex heroes, like a little paranormal activity in your historical romances (sort of historical-more fantasy), and like one hero to kind of power on the other, then you'll like this story. There is at least one hard limit, though not necessarily perpetrated by the big hero (rape). But don't expect another Bloodraven (if you even read that one.) This has some of the same relationship elements but a lot less squick. Alas (*sigh*)